Controversial Archbishop Gilbert Deya yesterday vowed to produce a new set of DNA results on the “miracle babies“.
The move would further complicate the parentage of the “miracle babies” that have landed the high-flying bishop in bad books with the Government.
Archbishop Deya said tests on the babies found under the custody of Mr Michael Odera and his wife, Eddah, showed that they are the parents.
The tests, he said in a statement, were carried out in Canada by a UK-based medical doctor, named Essien.
“Dr Essien carried out DNA tests in Canada on the Odera children. The results are on file and they will be presented in due course to verify the latest DNA tests which are being taken by the police in Kenya,” he said.
Archbishop Deya challenged experts in technology and science to carry out research in the field of divine miracles that are happening everywhere.
“Let the learned in science and technology investigate miracles. I’m neither a magician nor a witchdoctor, but a religious man who is very effective,” he said.
The clergyman said miracle babies cannot be seen on scans used in hospitals to detect pregnancy.
That was the reason, he explained, tests carried out on women expecting miracle babies registered negative results.
The archbishop’s son, Mr Daniel Deya, told the Nation that results were carried out last year in “a big laboratory in Canada”.
Archbishop Deya cast doubts on the authenticity of the negative DNA results released by the Government.
He asked: “How can we trust the DNA tests done by the wicked police who are full of lies?”
The archbishop dismissed claims by Mrs Catherine Kajuju and her husband, Mr Gerald Muthomi’s claim that Mr Odera’s son named Simon Peter Siaw, was their son.
He described the claim as a conspiracy by the Government and the couple, and challenged them to table evidence of parentage.
“What evidence do they have to prove that they are Simon Odera’s parents? Did they report their missing child by then to the police?” he asked.
The couple came out last week to lay claim on the child, saying it was their son who disappeared from a neighbour’s compound in Nthimbiri village within Meru on June 9, 2003.
They visited the Kabete children’s home where the “miracle babies” are being held and “identified” the boy.
Two more couples went to the centre and “identified” their children after seeing their pictures in the Nation.
Yesterday, the archbishop dismissed the allegations as naive and challenged those advancing the argument to name where the children are sold.
The archbishop wondered: “How can I buy children, keep them at the Oderas for five years and advertise them in the media? This is a conspiracy.”