- Teacher who burned a cross on a student’s arm pays $475.000 to settle the charges
- Full-scale Noah’s Ark park planned for Kentucky
- $30 Million Is Awarded Over Abuse by Priest
- Conservative Christians blast Apple decision to discontinue app: The Christian leaders had created the Manhattan Declaration app to promote a document that urges opposition to abortion and gay marriage and support for religious liberty, among other positions. Apple said it was offensive.
- Kidnap victim Elizabeth Smart stormed from a Utah courtroom Wednesday as a psychiatrist testified that her alleged attacker had been motivated by a desire to have children and create a new race in an imaginary Zion.
- Christ meets Big Foot: more irreverent atheist ads to hit Canadian cities
- Police confirmed Wednesday that they are investigating a report by televangelist Marcus Lamb that three people tried to extort $7.5 million from him to keep quiet about an affair he had years ago. Lamb, creator of the Daystar Television Network, disclosed the affair and extortion attempt Tuesday.
- Former pastor David Love to be arraigned for murder: charged with first-degree murder in the shooting death of insurance agent Randy Stone
- Police in the Solomon Islands will not be arresting cult members who have reportedly refused to bury the body of their leader for the past two weeks because of a lack of evidence.
Analysis, Commentary, Opinion
- The Soul of the Tea Party: Now that the election is over, an uneasy libertarian–Christian conservative alliance shows its cracks.
- Will Polygamy Be Legalized in Canada?
- Tracing Hanukkah’s U.S. Roots … To Cincinnati?
- Terror Cases Strain Ties With Some Who Can Help: The arrest in a plot to bomb a popular Christmas tree-lighting ceremony in Portland, Oregon has renewed focus on the crucial but often fragile relationship that many Muslim communities have with federal law enforcement agencies.
- Do They Know It’s Hanukkah?: There’s more than one “happy holiday” for Christians this season.
- Teeming Diversity: The Third Lausanne Congress demonstrated that global evangelicalism has been transformed.
- Jewish congregations turn to living wills
- Hollywood stars bitten by the Hindu ‘chakra’ bracelet bug
- Pope seeks solar-powered Popemobile
- Montell Jordan leaves music career to become a pastor: inger-songwriter and record producer Montell Jordan, formerly of Def Jam Records, will hang up his music career next year so that he can become a worship leader at Victory World Church in Norcross, Ga.
Today in History
Possibly Related Products
Our website includes affiliate links, which means we get a small commission — at no additional cost to you — for each qualifying purpose. For instance, as an Amazon Associate Religion News Blog earns from qualifying purchases. That is one reason why we can provide this service free of charge.