- Georgia Supreme Court upholds murder convictions of cult members who beat 8-year old to death [Remnant Fellowship] [Court Documents, see page 4]
- Israel: Police bust Haredi sect suspected of forging ID cards to get more state money
- Roman Catholic Intercessors of the Lamb group faces future with the church: Catholics were warned to disregard Nadine Brown’s teachings and stop funding her group amid claims the group’s finances were mismanaged and Brown intimidated its members, who live with few possessions other than the robes she gives them.
- County, church settle lawsuit over Christian school : A Maryland county will pay a Baptist church $3.25 million and allow construction of a Christian school that government officials have opposed for eight years under terms of a settlement reached Nov. 18 in federal court.
- Thai Fetus Morgue to Be Torn Down: The morgue at a Buddhist temple where 2,000 fetuses from illegal abortions were discovered last week is to be dismantled and replaced by a meditation center, the government said Sunday.
- Texas: Charter schools with ties to religious groups raise fears about state funds’ use
- Muslim pupils learn to cut off hands of thieves: Muslim children are being taught how to chop off thieves’ hands and that Jews are plotting to take over the world at a network of Islamic schools, it has been disclosed. [Our view: Remember, Muslims — who claim that Islam is a ‘religion of peace’ get terribly upset at a few cartoons depicting their prophet. But civilized people should strongly object to — and stop — the teaching of barbaric practices, bigotry, anti-Semitism and other expressions of hatred on the part of Muslims.].
Analysis, Commentary, Opinion
- What the Pope Really Said About Condoms
- Is Catholicism in China different from elsewhere?
- Prosperity Gospel: Will Jesus Buy Me a Double-Wide or What? [Prosperity teaching: how the scam works]
- Bishop Among Those “Outed” by Ugandan Tabloid
The Politically-Correct Loonies File
- Care home chain says Christmas bonuses ‘discriminate’ against other religions: Guinness Care and Support,, a chain of care homes, is refusing to pay its staff overtime for working at Christmas because it claims the move would discriminate against other religions.
- The theology of Facebook, an online ‘altar’
Today in History
Possibly Related Products
Our website includes affiliate links, which means we get a small commission — at no additional cost to you — for each qualifying purpose. For instance, as an Amazon Associate Religion News Blog earns from qualifying purchases. That is one reason why we can provide this service free of charge.