Lawyer seeks ruling in case tied to Alamo
An attorney said Wednesday that he plans to publish a notice in a newspaper as early as next week giving the man accused of being Tony Alamo‘s “enforcer” 30 days to respond to a lawsuit or risk having a judgment entered against him.
The lawsuit was filed in U.S. District Court in Texarkana in November by Spencer Ondrisek and Seth Calagna, both 18 at the time, against Alamo and John Kolbeck, who authorities say administered beatings on Alamo’s behalf.
Ondrisek and Calagna, who both left the ministry last year, say Kolbeck beat them with a wooden board at Alamo’s direction. But the teenagers’ attorney, W. David Carter of Texarkana, Texas, said he has been unable to find Kolbeck to serve him with a copy of the lawsuit.
Federal authorities can’t find Kolbeck either – he is wanted on a second-degree battery charge in connection with Calagna’s beating and on a federal charge of unlawful flight to avoid prosecution.
On Tuesday, U.S. District Judge Harry F. Barnes gave Carter permission to notify Kolbeck of the lawsuit by publishing a notice [in] the Texarkana Gazette.
We appreciate your support
Our website includes affiliate links, which means we get a small commission — at no additional cost to you — for each qualifying purpose. For instance, as an Amazon Associate Religion News Blog earns from qualifying purchases. That is one reason why we can provide this service free of charge.