Legal setback for sextuplet parents

VANCOUVER – The parents of sextuplets born in Vancouver earlier this year have lost a legal application to be able to cross examine the medical staff and social workers who apprehended four of their children for blood transfusions against their wishes.

Family lawyer Shane Brady says the parents may appeal the decision.

Regardless the rest of the case will likely proceed to trial in July.

Brady says these proceedings are not as much about what the government did in seizing the babies, but more about the fact the parents weren’t given the chance to make legal arguments against the move.

Three of the babies, two girls and a boy, are now with the parents.

The fourth, another boy, is expected to be released from hospital soon.

We appreciate your support

One way in which you can support us — at no additional cost to you — is by shopping at Amazon.com.

AFFILIATE LINKS

Our website includes affiliate links, which means we get a small commission — at no additional cost to you — for each qualifying purpose. For instance, as an Amazon Associate Religion News Blog earns from qualifying purchases. That is one reason why we can provide this service free of charge.

Source

(Listed if other than Religion News Blog)
CKNW.com, Canada
Apr. 16, 2007
www.cknw.com

More About This Subject

This post was last updated: Friday, December 16, 2016 at 9:33 AM, Central European Time (CET)