The trial of a religious cult leader charged with sexually assaulting two teenage girls on the NSW south coast has been moved to Sydney.
Mr Kamm remained silent during his brief appearance at Wollongong District Court today as his legal counsel sought permission to transfer the matter to Sydney.
The Crown raised no objections to having the highly publicised case tried before NSW District Court. Judge Joe Phelan also consented.
Mr Kamm, who remains on bail, is charged with four counts of aggravated sexual assault, aggravated indecent assaults and aggravated indecency after his arrest in August 2002.
In a statement previously tendered to the court, one of the girls said Mr Kamm referred to her as one of his “Queens“.
“He told me in the letters that I was his spiritual wife and could not be with any other man,” her statement said.
The girl subsequently fell pregnant to Mr Kamm.
The Vatican outlawed the so-called Catholic order two years ago.
The matter has been relisted to appear before the NSW District Court on August 12, when a trial date will be set.