Former Symbionese Liberation Army members and where they are now:
– James Kilgore, sentenced Monday to six years in state prison for April 21, 1975, shotgun slaying of Myrna Opsahl during a bank robbery in Carmichael, a Sacramento suburb. Also sentenced April 27 to 54 months in federal prison on explosives and passport fraud convictions. Extradited from South Africa in November 2002 after 26 years living under an alias, Charles William Pape.
– Emily Montague, serving an eight-year sentence at Valley State Prison for Women, Chowchilla. The former computer consultant from Altadena confessed to pulling the trigger in Opsahl’s shooting, but claimed the shotgun went off accidentally.
– William Harris, serving seven-year sentence at California State Prison, Solano, in Vacaville, for the Opsahl killing. Harris was a private investigator in Oakland before his arrest.
– Michael Bortin, serving a six-year sentence at the Mule Creek State Prison, Ione, for the Opsahl killing. Bortin was a flooring contractor in Portland, Ore., before his arrest.
– Sara Jane Olson, serving a six-year sentence for the Opsahl killing at Central California Women’s Facility, Chowchilla. Olson is also serving up to 14 years on conspiring to blow up Los Angeles police cars in 1975. Olson was arrested in June 1999 in St. Paul, Minn. She was previously known as Kathleen Soliah before leaving California, changing her name, marrying and having children.
– Stephen Soliah, acquitted of the Carmichael bank robbery charges in 1976. Now believed to be living in the Bay Area.
– Wendy Yoshimura, given immunity from prosecution on bank robbery charges during 1991 grand jury investigation. Now lives in the Bay Area.
– Patty Hearst, given the same immunity as Yoshimura during 1991 grand jury investigation. The newspaper heiress was kidnapped by the SLA on Feb. 4, 1974. Hearst also received 2001 pardon on earlier bank robbery charges from President Clinton. Now lives as Patricia Hearst Shaw in Connecticut.
– Donald DeFreeze, Angela Atwood, Nancy Ling Perry, Camilla Hall, Willie Wolfe, Patricia Soltysik – all dead from the May 17, 1974, shootout with Los Angeles police and fire that consumed their hideout.