[Ad] Planning a vacation or trip? Book activities and Skip-The-Line tickets here.
- China’s Shaolin Temple builds business empire: China’s famed Shaolin Temple has set up over 40 companies overseas as it hopes to spread Buddhist-inspired martial arts around the globe, state press reported.
- Anglicans heading to Rome told they can’t stay in their churches: Anglicans defecting to Rome are being told they must leave their churches with clergy even been asked to move away from their parish.
- Family hopes cemetery dispute will heal divides between FLDS and non-FLDS: Her burial was contentious. As a member of a non-FLDS family living in the traditionally FLDS border towns of Colorado City, Ariz., and Hildale, Utah, she was deemed by some to be not worthy of burial next to her grandfather.
- £300,000 fire attack probe at Sikh temple
- Jewish folk singer Debbie Friedman dies
- Bumpy road ahead for $1 trillion Islamic finance industry in 2011
- Thousands rally over blasphemy law in Pakistan
Analysis, Commentary, Opinion
- Doomsday: After Many Predictions, We’re Still Here
- Eat, pray, tweet: Social-networking sites have taken off in Indonesia. Who will profit?
- An unseemly, unwise haste to canonise John Paul II: John Paul II’s place in history is assured, but the scandal of Father Marcial Maciel Degollado’s child abuse blots his papacy
- Single, Female, Mormon, Alone: It never occurred to me that I would remain unmarried, especially in a system where marriage is not only a commandment, but also one of life’s primary purposes. Turns out, though, that there is no place in that community for a single woman who doesn’t want children.
- Thumbs down for Obama faith, again
- Mindfulness therapy is no fad, experts say: There is solid evidence that mindfulness therapy, which combines elements of Buddhism and yoga, can relieve anxiety and improve mood.
- False memory trial to be open to public: A judge ruled that a trial in which parents sued their daughter’s therapists for allegedly encouraging false childhood memories of parental abuse will be open to the public.
- Fired up to be the first female, Muslim F1 driver
- Stats on theology, marriage, and evangelical self-image
- Virgin Mary is 165 centimetres tall, a visionary says in a new book: The Virgin Mary is a blue eyed teenage girl that appears taller than she is because she stands on a cloud. That is according to a new book that has carried out exclusive interviews with the the visionaries of Medjugorje, who first saw her 30 years ago this year when they were schoolchildren.
Today in History