[Ad] Planning a vacation or trip? Book activities and Skip-The-Line tickets here.
- Anti-Facebook pastor to resume job in 90 days
- Athens mosque plan faces new hurdles amid threats by the far-right to stop its construction and a denial by the renowned Anglo-Iraqi architect, Zaha Hadid, that she is involved in its design.
- Mohamed Osman Mohamud: The Somali teen who wanted to bomb Portland
- Suspect in Oregon Bomb Plot Is Called Confused
- Muslim orphans caught between Islamic, U.S. law: Pressure is building in U.S. for a re-examination of Islamic law on adoption
- Japan launches 3D Buddhist temple
- Ban on ritual poultry slaughter nixed in New Zealand [More]
- Trial resumes for man charged in Elizabeth Smart abduction [Brian Mitchell]
- Jackson pastor accused of forcing sex
- Pakistan mother denied presidential pardon for ‘insulting Islam’ [We consider this type of Islamic extremism an act of hatred]
- CAIR’s Jihad [Why many Muslims reject CAIR]
- Al Qaeda’s online magazine trying to recruit alienated American Muslims
- Radical Muslims given Channel 4 slot: A radical Muslim who led the banned group al-Muhajiroun is to be handed his own programme on Channel 4 amid claims that Islamists have been allowed to monopolise the broadcaster’s coverage.
Analysis, Commentary, Opinion
- Murder in the name of Christ Ghanaian police are investigating the death of a 72-year-old woman in the port city of Tema who was burned alive after being accused of witchcraft, the Daily Graphic said. An evangelist and five other people have been detained on charges they tortured Ama Hemmah for four hours while trying to get her to confess to witchcraft.
- Jesus take me as I am: Christian sexual hang-ups have little to do with the Bible. They mainly come from St Augustine and his world
- On Exorcism and Exorcists: An Evangelical View
- Real Social Justice: This week marks the birthday of a man most folks have never heard of, although he coined one of today’s most ubiquitous phrases: Social Justice. Born in 1793, Luigi Taparelli D’Azeglio was an Italian Jesuit scholar who co-founded the theological journal Civiltà Cattolica and served as rector of the seminary Collegio Romano.
- All-American Grace: It should be remembered that a religion that makes no demands on people other than that they follow their bliss and be nice to everybody else is a religion that has no power to change minds and hearts.
- Jews Expect Proposed Ban Won’t Stop Circumcision
- The Christian woman facing death over a work squabble: The death sentence on Asia Bibi, a Christian woman in Pakistan, for blasphemy has set off a storm of debate about her fate.
- Ex-Justice Criticizes Death Penalty [Death Penalty]
- You’re O.K., but I’m Not. Let’s Share. [Landmark Forum]
- Spiritual leader hugs way into her followers’ lives [Amma: Mata Amritanandamayi Devi]
- How real interfaith dialogue works [Interfaith]
- Christopher Hitchens vs. Tony Blair: the video
- The power of prayer in the Philippines
Today in History