- Scientology cult targets alcohol-dependent Aborigines with its quackery [Consumer Alert: Scientology]
- Australian woman to appeal jailing over burqa incident
- Vietnam rejects US criticism over religious freedom
- Archbishop of Canterbury warns over defecting vicars to Catholic Church: Some parishes will be left without priests
- Inglewood, Ca. overturns denial of permit to Scientologists [Scientology]
- Condemned Pakistani woman asks authorities to hear her story
- New Bible drops neutered language of controversial ’02 version [Bible]
- Opposition outnumbers 3 Kansas church protestors at Islamic Center [Westboro Baptist Church]
- Mexican Drug Cartels Tied to U.S. White Supremacists
Analysis, Commentary, Opinion
- Blessed Are the Unoffended: How can Christians communicate what we believe without being denigrating or inflammatory?
- UK Press Complaints Commission [inexplicably] clears Mail (and Telegraph) for publishing prejudicial anti-Muslim story: the rest of the ‘bacon smell’ story
- Yoga, an ancient discipline sweeping Japan anew [Yoga]
- The religious excuse for barbarity: Why are we sitting silently while our treatment of many of our animals regresses to the standard of the sixth century?
- Postmodern Gray Lady goes post-facts
- The Dalai Lama: A very earthly representative
- The Decline of Marriage And Rise of New Families
- Will science trump religion, answer how we should live?
- Life’s Work Is a Talmud Accessible to All Jews: Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz’s mammoth task of translating the Talmud into modern Hebrew and adding his own commentary was finally completed after 45 years and 45 volumes
Today in History