Four more convicts in the infamous Kirtland cult slayings will be paroled this year.
The Ohio Department of Corrections Parole Board released Richard E. Brand on March 29 from his 15-years-to-life sentence in the case. The latest four going free after 1994 convictions are:
• Gregory S. Winship, 50, who is serving 15 years to life in the Allen Correctional Institution, will be parole on Dec. 28 this year.
• Susan Luff, 52, wife of Lundgren’s right-hand man Ronald Luff, also will be paroled on Dec. 28 from the Ohio Reformatory for women where she is serving a sentence of seven to 25 years.
• Deborah Olivarez, 58, will be paroled from the Franklin Pre-Release Center at a date not yet set by the state.
• Sharon J. Bluntschly, 52, will be paroled Dec. 28 from the Trumbull Correctional Institution where she is serving a sentence of seven to 25 years.
[Jeffrey Lundgren was executed in October, 2006]
Jeffrey Lundgren’s wife, Alice, is serving 150 years to life, son Damon 120 years to life and Luff 170 years to life.
- Source / Full Story: Four more being paroled in Kirtland cult killing case, David W. Jones, The News-Herald, Nov. 11, 2010 — Summarized by Religion News Blog