Some articles that provide a wider context to the Eddie Long case:
• It is, parishioners and observers say, a moment of undeniable crisis in the black church.
“The only person in the pantheon of black churches who is bigger than this is T.D. Jakes,” said Anthea Butler, a religion professor at the University of Pennsylvania who was among those flying down to Georgia. “And Atlanta is the epicenter of black church life. . . . It’s going to rock everything at the church, and people will really start to question these ministers.”
- Sex allegations roil black church community, Washington Post
• Bishop Eddie Long case: Will it alter black church’s view of gays? (Christian Science Monitor)
• The Black Church, Homophobia, and Pastor Eddie Long (Newsweek)
• “Long is one of the most virulently homophobic black leaders in the religiously based anti-gay movement.” (Southern Poverty Law Center)