ASTANA. The KNB (National Security Committee) of RK is considering enlargement of the list of terrorist and extremist organisations banned on the territory of RK. Vladimir Bozhko, First Deputy Chairman of KNB – Head of the KNB Antiterrorist Centre, has stated this today, February 3, in an interview to journalists before a meeting of the Interdepartmental Coordinating Commission of the KNB Antiterrorist Centre.
This work “makes part of the SCO activities” in Kazakhstan, he explained. “I cannot say how much the list will be enlarged and what organisations will be added so far,” – Mr.Bozhko specified.
At the same time he has observed that the KNB considers inclusion of “Aum Shinrikyo” to the list to be necessary. The First Deputy Chairman of KNB said that “organisational activities of this organisation in one region of Kazakhstan was uncovered. We have in due time revealed the man” engaged in recruiting activities. Commenting on the degree of their danger Mr.Bozhko said: “If they gassed an underground train in Japan it shows how dangerous they are.”
At the same time he specified that “the final decision about the quality and quantity of the organisations on the list has not been made”. Responding to a question from journalists “Why there are mainly Islamic organisations on the list?” Mr.Bozhko has explained that concrete facts of participation in terrorist or extremist activities are the chief criteria. “We do not have facts of participation of the Orthodox or Catholic churches in such crimes,” – he said.